Friday

Ginger and Vintage Treasure!

Hey bubs,


So basically... I dyed my hair ginger. FINALLY- I've been waiting for the summer holidays to do it because I'm not sure how strict my school is about hair colour. I mean it is natural but.. not for me. If you follow my blog you'll know how much I adore ginger. Its absolutley gorgeous. I have convinced myself that I was supposed to be born ginger with curly hair. Turns out I was born blonde with straight hair. But yeh. I love it. The only bad thing is that it will be gone by the end of summer. However, I do promise you I will get it dyed permenantly when   I am 15. That also reminds me, its close to my birthday (ish). Is it just me or on your birthday, somebody gets ill. It has always happened to me. I don't know why as I'm not a particularly superstitious person yet it always seems so happen. 






Getting onto brighter subjects again. My auntie (who's house I've been staying at for the past week, in Holland) has a treasure trove of vintage clothes and jewlery from the 60's-90's. Its all such funky stuff. As my parents are really not people who keep anything for 'memory's sakes'- my auntie always stores things for them. Which led me to discover a dress which my mum wore in her 20's during the eighties/nineties. Its got a classic sweetheart neckline and comes down to a couple of inches above your ankle. Its sort of a bluey colour with a  floral print on it. You know what, I'll make sure to post a picture of it up soon. I also found a cute knit jumper from the 60's, I'll take a webcam picture of it now.. 

 


It does need a little bit of patching up and fabric softener but apart from that- its wonderful. Also a vintage sort of nightgown? I'm not sure what you call it but its one of those kimono like dresses you see in movies where the lady is sipping marinies while breaking out into song. Also, a really cute floral dress from the 50's. 
There is so much jewlerry but my most favourite is the big anchor clip on earings from the 80's. Very sailor inspired. And an elephant necklace which I'm guessing is from the 90's. I'm really sorry for the discracefully bad pictures below (better ones coming when I charge up my camera).





I have to go now- hairdressers. I very much hope that it doesnt turn out like one of those 80's haystack hair do's.  Bye for now everyone, hope your having a nice summer!


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it will probably make my day.